Conduct Corporate Video Conferences With Lync App For iPhone And iPad
Microsoft Lync is a famous application from the Microsoft Office suite which provides some very impressive video conferencing features. Interestingly, Microsoft Lync is not just restricted to Microsoft products like Windows based operating systems, Windows 8 tablets or Windows Phone, but is also available for competitor devices; including Mac, Android, iPhone and iPad. Unlike common instant messengers and video conferencing tools, Lync is meant especially for corporate clients, to help them conduct video conferencing with high-end features.
If you are new to Lync, you might want to see the following introductory posts that will help you learn more about this app and how it works:
- What Is Microsoft Lync 2013 And How To Use It For Online Meetings
- How To Deliver A PowerPoint Presentation Using Microsoft Lync
- How To Conduct A Conference Call Using Microsoft Lync
Lync For iPhone And iPad
While Lync for released for iOS back in December, 2012, its features have really improved over a period of time. Using Lync you can step into an online meeting with the ability to enjoy high-quality conference calling features, from a single interface. What makes Lync really special is the fact that you don’t need any extra devices plugged in to participate in a conference call and can join in remotely, even when you are on the go.
Some of the major features of the iOS version of Lync include the following:
- Share content with multiple users during a Live meeting.
- Lync provides the ability to instantly initiate a group conference via IM or video call, with the ability to invite participants
- Lync certificate and authentication features make your conference calls secure
- Rejoin conversations where you left off
- Lync for iOS also provides other major features like the ability to control participants by muting or removing attendees
PowerPoint Presentations Can Now Be Viewed During An Online Meeting Using Lync For iPhone And iPad
Recently, the Lync app for iOS was updated to enable iPhone and iPad users to view shared PowerPoint presentations during a conference call, along with complete support for iOS 7.
Lync for iPhone and iPad requires iOS version 7.0 or above. You will require a Lync account to use this app for initiating or joining Lync meetings.