Some Amazing Father Of The Bride Speeches
No doubt you are delighted for your daughter and thrilled to bits that you get to walk her up the aisle but its truth that you are also losing your daughter. And if that isn’t bad enough, you also have to talk about and relive it in front of everyone. May be you are not feeling that enthusiastic about giving a speech at reception, but your lovable words for your daughter can make the difference.
Try following these simple steps to put together the perfect father of the bride speech.
- Welcome The Guests : Simply start by introducing yourself, thanking everybody for coming, and giving special thanks to those who have traveled to be there and those who have helped in the planning and organization of the wedding.
- All About Your Daughter: Make sure you compliment her; tell her how beautiful she looks and how proud you are of her. Try to talk about early years, perhaps tell a funny story or two about when she was growing up.
- All About Your Son-in-law: It is habitual for the father of the bride to welcome the groom into his family, and to express his happiness at the connection between the two families that the marriage will bring.
- Close With Words of Wisdom: At the end of your speech you should congratulate the happy couple on a fantastic wedding, and express your confidence in their future happiness together. Then, finally propose a toast to the bride and groom and ask all the guests to raise their glasses for the happy couple.
Here are some examples of amazing father of the bride speeches:
- Sandra has been an amazing daughter to Paula and me and our parting with her into another keeping we thank her for all the twenty-three continuous years of joy that she has given us. I know she’s twenty-four, but we don’t count the first few years as there was nothing joyful about changing her nappies.
- Today I am feeling as the proudest man as seeing my daughter looking so happy and glowing is a truly pleasant experience, but it is touched with a little sadness. For those who know me well, being so kind does not come natural to me. It upset me a little in the ceremony when I had to give her away.
Similarly, you can also try out some speeches with an element of humor, sentiments and joy to make your daughter’s wedding a memorable and cherished event. You can even make use of these Wedding PowerPoint Templates to present memorable moments and your thoughts in style.