New PowerPoint 2013
Last updated on May 7th, 2020
Microsoft is unveiling new PowerPoint 2013 with lot of new features. With the codename Office 15, it is the next generation suite for Microsoft’s famous “Office” applications Microsoft seems to be on a mission to revamp its products this year.
After the complete overhauling of its Windows operating system and server OS, Microsoft has now released a Metro based Office suite with new and improved features. In this post we will take a look at the new features of Office 15 and provide you with an in-depth analysis of some of the changes made to the major Office apps, including MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook.
Are you ready to create more striking presentations? With PowerPoint 2013 you can select a theme, add a design variant, align text and pictures, and more. Work on the same version with others at the same time using the enhanced collaboration interface and present with more confidence and control.
What’s new in PowerPoint 2013
New PowerPoint 2013 Design
Use new wide-screen themes and variants, add videos, pictures, and shapes, and create customized icons using powerful tools.
- Start Screen The new Start experience helps you jump-start the creative process with a collection of new themes.
- Theme Variants Choose from alternative color schemes and then apply the look you like with a single click.
- Alignment Guides Exhibit a designer’s touch by aligning shapes, text boxes, and other graphics with text.
- Merge Shapes Use the Union, Combine, Fragment, Intersect, and Subtract tools to merge two or more shapes into the shape you want.
Impress your audience
An improved Presenter View in PowerPoint 2013 helps you to stay organized, focused on your presentation, and keep your audience engaged.
- Slide Zoom Direct your audience’s attention to your main point. Zoom in on a diagram, chart, or graphic with a couple of clicks, and then zoom out just as smoothly.
- Navigation Grid Easily switch slides—in or out of sequence—from a grid that only you see, your audience sees only what you’ve selected.
- Auto-extend When you project to a second screen, the settings ensure that your presentation appears on the correct screen.
The new PowerPoint Web App Coauthoring capabilities let’s you and your team work together on the same presentation at the same time from the desktop or in the browser with the PowerPoint Web App.
Office 2013 is ready to be used in tablets and wear the Metro interface that is also present in Windows 8.
Read the full story here: http://www.microsoft.com/office/preview/en/powerpoint-2013-preview