New Methods of Introduction and Resume Speeches
Are you planning or practicing for your next job interview? Then you must have prepared your introduction speech. Even if you belong to the category of those individuals who believe in being spontaneous still you must have been strategizing in your mind. There are certain new methods of introduction and resume speeches, which will help you create an unparalleled impression in the mind of the interviewer.
Read more about Giving a Presentation at a Job Interview
Let us compare with the conventional ways, so that it helps you draw a better conclusion:
About Personal Life
Mostly people start with these details and go on and on. It starts with your family members, goes on to your schooling, then college and then other details. You often do not realize that you have already lost the attention of the listener.
Be precise for the interviewer is certainly not interested in your family history. He is just trying to get some basic information from you. You must decide earlier which high points will you want to talk about, rather than all the details. Try to give the useful information rather than trying to impress him with your family background.
Career and Professional Information
You start with your academic qualifications, move on to your first job experience and your experience in the present field etc. Do you think you have hit the nail on the head?
Start with your present job profile, this is what the interviewer is interested in knowing. In case this is your first job, talk about the skills you possess pertaining to the job.
And make sure that you do not commit the following crimes:
- Reading what is already there in the resume. Although some points need to be talked about, yet be creative when presenting those.
- You do not need to introduce yourself like you are in some defense academy. Be simple and do not try to be unnecessarily unique.
- Your skills should be highlighted and clearly put in front of the interviewer so that he remembers you amongst others. They usually avoid reading the resumes again and again.
- You must be able to convince him, how will your skills and talent will be beneficial for their industry.
- Your body language and NLP plays an excessively critical role; hence make certain that your gestures are not giving any undesired indications.
- Be confident but do not exaggerate! Most people tend to amplify their talent so much that it gives the impression of boasting. Avoid these situations.
If you have thought of making it a worthy experience, then make sure that you have also learnt the new tricks of the field.