5 Great Ideas For Introductory Speeches
If you are chosen to give an introductory speech, then it clearly indicates that you are believed to be the best person for this job. Since it is the task of great responsibility and one slight mistake can put a question mark on your perfection so you have to make the effort for gathering stories, quotes, poems and other personal information related to the topic.
Your introduction speech will add credibility to the person being introduced. So carry that confidence to make it the best. Deliver it in such a way that it keeps your audience fully engaged and the person to whom you are addressing. Getting such a response over your presentation means you have won the heart of your audience and people enjoy listening to you.
Keeping full knowledge about your subject is a must for giving out an enticing speech. Sometimes you get the responsibility of introducing a person or topic you don’t know well. In such a case, you must do a thorough research on him and find out the reason why you are introducing him. This will help you in bringing out many other facts also which will eventually make your demonstration interesting and will make it look credible. You can also use a nice PowerPoint slide to make your introduction more interesting. In such a case you can make good use of Animated PowerPoint Templates.
Therefore, for making your introductory speeches worth listening, here are 5 great ideas which can make your presentation worth remembering. Follow them while preparing your speech and see the difference yourself. Let’s check out these ideas one by one:
- Question is a Good Start: Starting your speech with a question is the best way to keep your audience fully engaged. This will not only grab their attention but will also make them curious about what you have to say and who is the person you are talking about.
- Personal Anecdotes and Stories will Do Wonders: While introducing a person in your speech use a personal anecdote or a short story related to his marriage or early life to keep your listeners wondering about the protagonist. It is the best way to gain the attention of your audience.
- Use Some Famous Quotes or One-liners to Describe a Person: Quotes have the ability to convey your thoughts in a perfect way and can amazingly describe the personality of an individual. Using these one-liners in your speech will help in setting the tone, theme and direction of your introduction.
- Personify the Person with a Nice Poem: Recite a poem that closely link with a person you are trying to portray in your introductory speech. This will give a special feeling to him and will impress him greatly.
- Highlight The Person’s Main Interests: Highlighting the interests, likes and dislikes of a person is the perfect way to gain that desired attention from your listeners. People usually find these things interesting and worth enjoying.
Hence, considering these ideas while preparing a speech, will surely impress that particular person and will also get you the appreciation of your audience.