Adobe Captivate 5.5
Adobe Captivate is a elearning authoring software used by educational institutions but also for business purposes.
This industry-leading elearning authoring software enables users to rapidly create and maintain interactive eLearning content and presentations. One of the most powerful features is that you can import your existing Microsoft PowerPoint content and make it more engaging with rich media, application simulations, online surveys, branching scenarios, and quizzes. Thus, you can easily publish to leading SCORM and AICC-compliant Learning Management Systems and track key performance metrics.
The new version of Adobe Captivate 5.5 introduces some new features and capabilities enhancing the user experience. Here are some of the key features that you can find in Adobe Captivate:
- Transform Presentations into eLearning content. With Captivate you can import Microsoft PowerPoint (.PPT) files into Adobe Captivate 5.5 and magically transform presentations into interactive content deliverable virtually anywhere.
- Engage learners with interactivity and multimedia. You can attract, engage, stimulate, and retain learners with application simulations and branching scenarios. This enables end users to create “show me” movies, and “try it” demos for your educational organization or business.
- Assess learner performance. With Adobe Captivate 5.5 you can monitor learner progress by embedding a wide variety of interactive “test me” quizzes in your own content and then publish to different channel, online and devices at the same time. Also you can keep track and report key performance metrics.
- Convert Captivate to HTML5. The new HTML5 Converter available in Captivate enabls you to easily convert Adobe Captivate generated SWF to HTML5. This is very useful if you want to show your content in mobile devices that do not support or have Adobe Flash installed, including smartphones and tablet (Android, iPhone, Blackberry).
- Roundtrip PowerPoint workflow. With Adobe Captivate 5.5 you can leverage existing PowerPoint slides in your own projects and import slides with high quality audio and interactivity. Then you can easily update the presentation content and keep your PowerPoint presentation and Adobe Captivate files in sync with the dynamically linked import option.
- Optimized user interface. The new interface is quite faster than the old interface and now you can do the job in fewer steps. The overall authoring experience with the Property inspector is now improved with multiple document interface and personalized workspaces that you can customize in your own way.
- Hosting and collaboration via Acrobat.com. Host published or in-progress eLearning projects in the cloud using Acrobat.com and share them with learners and reviewers, who can access them from virtually anywhere.
- Randomized quizzing and question pools. Now you can choose from customizable quiz templates that are built-in, such as Multiple Choice templates and Fill in the Blank template. This is great to improve learner assessments by randomly drawing questions from a set of question pools and more.
Definitely there are good news in Adobe Captivate 5.5 and this has lot of different applications that you can take advantage of. For example, here are a few types of elearning content that you can create with this tool:
- Content for application Simulation
- Content for application Simulation II
- Soft-Skill Training and courses
- Compliance Training
- Process Training
- Product Training
- Online Courseware
- Customer Care
- Assessment and Quizzes
You can download Adobe Captivate 5.5 trial for free.
Learn more on http://www.adobe.com/products/captivate.html