6 Logo Design Tools That Anyone Can Use to Make Brilliant Logos
Last updated on July 6th, 2022
Logos are an important part of marketing and branding a company. When you think of any big brand, you can likely picture their logo as soon as the name comes up. Deceptively simple in design, logos evoke an image and feeling that registers with your customers. For online marketing, the logo helps to identify your brand in a limited space and will be recognizable to new and loyal users.
If you realize the importance of what your logo conveys, you know that having an excellent design that matches your branding is essential. For startups and smaller businesses, there were limited options in how to create these essential pieces of your branding. Most businesses had to hire an agency or designer to get a quality logo image. Businesses that had someone on the team with design experience were able to create this image in-house. But for many companies, it was difficult to tackle image design because it takes specific expertise.
Now, you can use design tools to create the image for you. A logo maker is an AI tool that automatically generates logo images based on the specific information you put into the system. They’re highly advanced and easy to use. Many of the good ones create stunning images.
If you’re currently researching how to design a logo for your business, you have a few options:
- Hire an Agency. If you work with a marketing or design agency, they can design a logo for you. This is a more expensive option. But, if you’re currently working with an agency on all your branding and marketing initiatives, this would probably make the most sense for your company. They can create the logo to match and highlight all your branding documentation.
- Hire a Freelance Designer. Working with a freelance designer just to have the logo created can be an excellent option for smaller businesses. The freelancer will likely charge a project-based fee that’s more budget-friendly than working with a larger agency. At the same time, there are many highly accomplished and talented designers that work in a freelance capacity.
- DIY Design. If you or someone on your team has advanced design skills and has worked extensively with branding, you might design the logo yourself. This is a great option if you do have that skill set. It can be very frustrating if you’re trying to design the image internally but do not have a design background. Logos look very simple. They’re clean and concise. But there are a lot of elements in color pallet choice and imaging that make a big difference in the perception of your brand, so it’s important that they are well done.
- Using a Design Tool. Many people are reticent to use logo makers and other design tools the first time. They think that AI can’t possibly come up with professional images that will be as effective as ones designed by an agency. The truth is that these design tools are quite advanced. You’d be amazed at how well some of these tools capture the essence of your business in a logo you would be thrilled with. And a lot of logo makers are both easy to use and either free or very inexpensive.
What Are Logo Makers?
Logo makers are online tools that help you create a logo through a web application. Often there will be a short form or field to fill out, and you can generate the image in a few seconds. They are extremely inexpensive to use, and you can have your image right away.
The Benefits of Using a Logo Maker
Logo makers are a good choice if you can’t hire a designer. Here are a few of the benefits:
- User Friendly. These applications are designed for people with a limited design background. They’re easy to use and still create a logo that looks good.
- Many Images. Logo makers have a lot of stock images to choose from, so you can get a fairly original-looking logo. It’s far less limited than it once was.
- Convenient. Logo makers are online tools. You can use them any time, and they generate the image immediately, so you can have your logo right away.
- Budget-Friendly. One of the main reasons people use logo makers is because they’re free or very inexpensive. These logos can be a good way to get a quality logo to start your marketing efforts without a huge investment in advertising.
The Cons of Using a Logo Maker
There are limitations to the use of logo makers. Here are some of the drawbacks.
- Can Look Generic. There are many images available now, but they are still stock images, rather than original designs.
- Image Files Might Be Limited. Some of them give you an image file but don’t give you the vector file, so you may only be able to use the logo in a limited way.
- No Professional Guidance. Unless you have a design background, you won’t be able to tell if the image is off or if it really matches your branding. Image generators don’t include any professional design consulting services to help with this.
6 Logo Design Tools to Try
If you’re still on the fence, you might want to try out some logo design tools or an online editor to see what kinds of images you can create. We’ve put together a list of some of the best and most user-friendly options below.
1. Tailor Brands Logo Maker
Tailor Brands Logo Maker takes a little more skill to use but it also has the ability to create better images than some of the other image generators on the market. They boast six easy steps to create your image.
You put in your company information, choose the logo style, select your fonts, wait a few minutes for the generator to create your images, customize your design, and download. This generator offers options of files to download for different prices. It’s relatively inexpensive, $9.99 a month for vector files and only $3.99 for JPG.
DesignEvo offers logo design for free and there are over 10,000 images to choose from. However, free isn’t really free. If you download the free logo, it’s limited. You’re getting a lower resolution JPG or PNG file with the free version.
There is also a Basic version that costs 24.99. With this version you get lifetime support, a higher resolution, and the ability to edit and redownload your images. There’s a Plus version for a flat fee of $49.99 that gives you the highest level of support and you can download the more professional Vector image with this option.
3. Wix Logo Maker
If you’re using Wix to create your website, the Wix Logo Maker might be an excellent option. You can match the logo design images, fonts, and color pallet exactly to your web properties. The logo can be used online and offline to help your customers recognize your business wherever they see the image.
Like the other generators, Wix gives you options to tell the generator about your business to come up with a variety of designs for you to choose from and customize. There is a free version you can download, but it is a lower resolution. For the better-quality images, you’ll need to pay a few of $20 or $50, depending on the plan/options you want to include. The free version might be usable for a short time, and you can upgrade later.
This option is easy to use. Like the other logo generators, you can create the logo for free using their software. However, it costs $40.00 to download the image.
The LogoMaker may be more limited in images than some of the others. The website says it has thousands of images. It’s worth testing it out, though. It is free to create your logo here before you decide to purchase.
5. BrandCrowd Logo Creator
With BrandCrowd, you do have to pay for licensing as well as the fee for the logo design. Their pricing is $15 per month or $48 per year. They do boast a professional looking logo with many options to customize.
With this option you can create the image for free, but you can’t download it without payment.
Logogenie offers the same design features as some of the others. It’s basic and easy to use. However, they don’t offer any free versions. The standard download for the logo is $24.90. There are also add-on fees, so you may pay quite a bit more for vector files.
How to Choose Your Logo Design Tool
If you’ve decided to design your own logo, a design tool is a good option. Still not sure which service to use? Try a few. You can create your logo for free on most of these applications. Then you can compare the logos to find the best version that meets your needs. Some tools give you full descriptions of the different aspects of your design to make the process even easier.