5 Tips For A Successful Webinar
In today’s tech-savvy world, conveying information to a geographically discrete audience has become a lot easier via Webinars. Rather than leaving your office desk or planning a meeting in a conference room, it gives you the liberty to present your thoughts to audiences while leisurely sitting in your home or office.
All thanks to one of the most amazing technical developments till date i.e. Internet; you can now hold presentations while sitting in front of your PC. However, giving your presentation a competitive edge requires additional effort on your part.
For your quick overview, we will discuss the 5 most important tips for a successful Webinar in the text below:
1. Be Concise: The success of a presentation lies in its script. Thus, try to keep your Webinar short and simple but effective. Use relevant information and implement a thought provoking approach to hit the right cord with audience.
2. Value their Time: Always keep in mind that the audience is time poor and you want them to take some time out of their busy day. Thus, to be on the safe side, get your invites out early. Do not commit the mistake of expecting your audience to remember login time. And, dispatch a reminder email 10 minutes beforehand to confirm the presence of viewers.
3. Professional Assistance Counts: The best part about Webinar is that it can be recorded for future reference. So, it is your responsibility to ensure the audio/video quality and check out other technical formalities. Keep in mind that calling in the professionals to verify technical faults and intricacies, doesn’t always blow your budget. Rather it saves you from probable embarrassment in the times ahead.
4. Your Audience can Make or Break it: Raise momentary polls and discussions to keep the audience attentive. Since viewers will have distractions and may have to drift in and out, so keep your messages precise, besides giving summaries of key points. Making use of visuals to keep your audience engaged is also a safe bet!
5. Marketing is the Key: If you are holding Webinar on a grand scale, then it is always beneficial to promote it at online event calendars or Web portals so as to enhance viewership rate.
Additionally, during the course of presentation, there may arise technical problems like server going down or system facing a crash. Thus, it is always a good idea to keep back up of your presentation.
On the whole, a successful Webinar requires keen attention to the presentation skills of presenter, knowledge in subject matter and occurrence of least possible technology glitches. Remember, you need to go an extra mile to make your Web based PowerPoint Presentations stand out. For this purpose you can use services like AnyMeeting, SlideOnline, GoToMeeting, TeamViewer and even Google Hangouts.