How To Record A PowerPoint Presentation
Do you know how beneficial your recorded presentation can be? Recorded slides will help you in easy rehearsals and in case you need to prepare them again, these recordings can act as a reference. There are many features which a PowerPoint offers for successful recording of your slides, which includes the option to Rehearse Timings.
Getting the perfect timing for your presentation is one of the most important things you can do to give it a professional look. The advantage of doing this is that you will have your audience totally engaged and focused towards what you are saying. However, when it comes to recording your presentations, you can use a simple add-in to get the job done. Previously, we brought you a review of the Camtasia Studio add in, this time we will show you how to use it for recording presentations.
The advantage of recording your presentations can be to broadcast them online or to share them using video streaming websites. This can be particularly handy for advertising your product or service. This way, you will have your audience totally engaged and focused towards what you are saying.
Recording Instructions For Camtasia Studio Add-in
While the features within this add-in are quite self explanatory, you can refer to the following steps to record your presentations:
- Go to PowerPoint Add-in Tab to select the recording options. If you want to record voice narration than select Record Audio option. To record Cam input, enable Record Camera. If you want to preview the camera recording than choose the Camera Preview option. For more configurations, click the Camtasia studio recording options for custom settings.
- Now click the Record button.
- After opening the presentation in presentation mode, click on the “click to begin recording button” from the Camtasia Studio dialog that opens in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Start recording slide by slide.
- If you want to stop the recording in between than press ‘ESC’. Click “Stop Recording” if you are done with your presentation recording.
- On the completion of the recording process, click “Save” . This will save your file as (.camrec).
Recording Settings And Tips
By using these below discussed tips you will get an amazing recording and sharing experience.
1. For good results use 32 Arial font along with Sans serif fonts.
2. Use the right color contrasts.
3. Backgrounds should be simple.
4. Go through your presentation completely before recording. Check the spellings properly.
5. Import your slide notes into this Add-in as captions.
6. Using Title placeholders will make your presentation more effective.
7. Use images and animations for keeping your audience fully engaged.
Using these options you will be able to record your PowerPoint presentations, with the utility to optionally enable and record input from your cam. You can also use this recording as a benchmark to rehearse your timings or use the Rehearse Timings option from within the Slide Show Tab in PowerPoint.