Benefits of Oral Presentation
Oral Presentation is one of the best platforms where non verbal cues are combined with effective verbal skills adding a broader aspect to your communication. It allows individuals to present their thoughts and views confidently in-front of a live audience.
Although this task requires lots of efforts, ideas and enthusiasm, therefore proper planning, preparation, and practice gets important if you really aim to deliver an effective oral presentation.
Start with a plan. Obviously, a strong plan is required for conveying your thoughts and viewpoints related with a particular topic. For this, presenter needs to collect required material and information, generate new ideas, and organize them in a proper flow.
Prepare well before delivering a presentation. Initiate with a topic slide. This will provide viewers an opportunity to prepare themselves for attending the presentation. Add a rationale and do not forget to include conclusion.
Eight important tips that may help in preparing well for your oral presentation:
- Use relevant images and graphics to maintain audience interest. If you use PowerPoint for your presentations, you can download free PowerPoint graphics and backgrounds from this website.
- Try to avoid overloading slides with excess of information and numbers.
- Be cautious while choosing the color of text and background. It is also advisable to avoid using distractive background which can divert the focus of your audience.
- Adequate font size should be used. 32 point for text and 36 point for the headings.
- Trick to highlight important text with prominent colors has always proven to be of great success. This not only attracts quick user attention, but also helps in better retention of your text.
- Add simple and easily understandable figures rather than using complicated ones.
- Try to maintain a proper sequence of slides so that your audience can easily grab the matter which is being discussed.
Practice is the key to succeed. ‘Practice makes a man perfect’, therefore it is essential to rehearse the topic well prior to its presentation.
People are adopting this technique due to the numerous benefits attached with it. Some of them are being discussed here.
- Instant method of conveying as well as receiving information.
- Provides better chance to the audience for understanding speaker’s context.
- Presenter is able to acquire an instant feedback for his work and research by judging reactions as well as body language of audience.
- High level of understanding and transparency
- It imparts proper flexibility to audience so that they can take an appropriate decision on a particular topic.
- Effective oral presentation helps in saving efforts, time and money for listeners as well as the speaker.
- It can be used for conveying confidential information to a selected group of individuals which ultimately improves the level of communication & exchange of information.
- Oral communication increases level of participation.
Sometimes, excess of anxiety can ruin your entire presentation. Whether you are a first time presenter or are delivering a presentation for tenth time, no matter whatever is the situation, try to include these points into your presentation and attain quick results.
Go on! Hit a successful PowerPoint presentation now with these oral presentation tips.