5 Tips For A Remarkable Promotion Speech
Isn’t it a nice feeling to be called out by your boss and being told you have been promoted? Of course but only after you get past that feeling that maybe you have somehow goofed up at work and your boss wants to set an example!
The word promotion has a sort of spiritual power to it! The moment people hear this word it somehow has a calming effect on them and puts a smile on their face. Who knew that words could have such power over the mind and the soul! Those mystical ‘yogis’ were right all these years then, chanting away their hymns to glory. But let’s not digress here, let’s talk about promotion.
A promotion is a gala affair for the ‘promotee’, not so much for other people, and a promotion means a promotion acceptance speech! That’s because every celebratory affair calls for a speech. And a promotion acceptance speech is not just required, it’s the norm!
So how do you present a great promotion speech? It’s obvious that you would be psyched about it, but how do you transfer that enthusiasm that you feel, to your audience? Well, here are 5 tips for a remarkable promotion speech
- Grab Their Attention: When you first start with your promotion speech, try to incorporate humor or anything else like random facts or something about your workplace to grab the attention of your audience! If in the first thirty seconds of your speech you can do that then, you my friend have won over your audience.
- Recognize People: After the introduction of your promotion speech, it’s best to recognize and thank people who made this possible for you. This is an integral part of a promotion speech. Don’t forget to mention anyone who might have impacted your life even a little bit so as to make this possible for you.
- Make an Impact: To grab the attention of your audience you have to make an impact on them, something that leaves a mark. Since this is very subjective in nature, different people talk about different things, talk about something that made you who you are or maybe talk about your organization.
- Summarize: Before ending your speech, try to summarize each point that you have made and mention a few lines about them. Like you can again talk briefly about the people who helped you achieve this or maybe your organization.
- The Ending: Just like the introduction, the ending of your speech should have a bang! Now you don’t want to ruin it for your audience, especially since you started out so well. So add some humorous quote or something else and let everyone enjoy!