5 Things To Consider When Organizing A Business Presentation
You may be a business professional or a veteran to the field, but let us admit it; no matter how hard you try to keep your PowerPoint Presentation interesting, it always falls short of that little something that would keep the audience tipped on their toes throughout. So what different must be done in order to achieve this, to gain the audience’s interest?
Here are five tips that if applied sincerely can make all the difference to your business presentation:
- Get visual – To draw attention initially, it is the visual appeal that plays the key role. The perfect color scheme is effective to attract the viewers. Next, to keep their interest rolling, make use of photographs, work with diagrams and smart-art and don’t forget to play with font styles! Use of templates and customized layouts can work wonders adding to the viewer appeal.
- Transition phase should not be abrupt – This is one point often ignored by most people. They don’t usually pay much attention but it can be crucial. Imagine your audience is taking complete interest in what you are presenting or may be explaining, but an abrupt switch to the next point or topic may wreck their interest. And it is usually not easy to regain that keen interest. To avoid this, you must ensure that you interlink every stage neatly to maintain the flow of interest, rather ideally build it further.
- Insert music and audio – It is always good to add in an element of drama. It works exactly as in movies to create an atmosphere through background music; definitely makes work more fun! Audio does the same. Inserting little pieces of relevant audio serve better than the overused, boring texts.
- Be prepared to deal with distractions – Always be prepared to be interrupted. Interaction is anyway vital in keeping the audience involved in the presentation. So encourage it from your end too. Have interesting questions ready for them to enjoy a little brainstorming session. But don’t forget to get back to the presentation without losing the link.
- Practice but don’t mug up the speech – Practice does make a man perfect. It is never bad to be thorough with what you are going to present to your bosses, colleagues, business associates etc. But it should not be learnt to be rattled out as it is. Doing so is sure going to back fire, costing you the interest of the audience. Presence of mind plays a crucial role here in keeping the presentation lively.
Follow these tips and you can never go wrong in delivering an impressive presentation that will ingrain the minds of the audience for a long time.